Awards & Achievements
National Trust for Historic Preservation — National Preservation Honor Award
This content requires the latest version of the Adobe Flash player. To download the plug-in, please click here: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/
- Women Together Awards 2012: Special Award
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: 2011 Green Power Leadership Award
- U.S. Green Building Council: 2011 Individual Leadership in the Private Sector: Tony Malkin, Malkin Holdings
- 2011 LEED® Gold for Existing Buildings certification by the U.S. Green Building Council
- BOMA International, Middle Atlantic Region, 2011 The Outstanding Building of the Year Award, Historical Building Category
- 2010 MASterworks "Best Historical Restoration Award"
- 2010 National Trust for Historic Preservation "National Preservation Honor Award"
- 2010 Preservation League of New York State Excellence in Historic Preservation Award.
- 2010 New York Landmarks Conservancy Lucy G. Moses Preservation Award.
- 2009-10 Building Owners' and Managers' Association (BOMA) of Greater NY, Inc., "Historical Building of the Year" Pinnacle Award.
- 2009 SBIC (Sustainable Buildings Industry Council) Beyond Green Award. High Performance Buildings. Renovation, retrofit, and historic reuse and preservation projects.
- July 2001: ESB was dedicated as one of the Civil Engineering Monuments of the Millennium by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- 2000-2001 Building Owners' and Managers' Association (BOMA) Operating Office Building of the Year Pinnacle Award for New York and Middle Atlantic Region.
- 1999 4th Place Award from CONEXPO-CON.AGG.
- One of the Top Ten Construction Achievements of the 20th Century.
- 1995-96 Operating Office Building of the Year Award (BOMA/New York), 500,000 sq. ft.+ category, Nominee.
- 1995-96 Civil Engineering Wonder of the World Award Nominee.
- "Best in Shed" award from The New York Landmark Conservancy.
- 1994 Energy User News Efficient Building Award as a result of the Empire State Building's lighting retrofit project.
- 1991-92 Building Owners' and Managers' Association (BOMA) International Building of the Year, Historic Building Category. Award for Excellence in management, operations and design after winning separate awards in competition on the local level (BOMA/New York) and the regional level (BOMA/Middle Atlantic Region).
In addition, a plaque which lists the workers who received the Empire State Craftsmanship Awards, can be found in the main lobby. This honors outstanding workers in each trade involved in the construction of the Empire State Building.