Thank you for your interest in becoming an Empire State Building Lighting Partner. The Empire State Building is privately owned by Empire State Realty OP, L.P.
Each year, the Empire State Building receives far more lighting applications than days of the year from organizations around the world, and unfortunately, we are unable to light for all who apply. Lighting requests must be made through www.esbnyc.com. Any lighting request via petitions and/or social media campaigns is automatically not considered.
Terms of Agreement:
- The Empire State Building is a privately owned building—not owned by New York City or the State of New York—and, therefore, has its own selection review and policies.
- Selection as an Empire State Building Lighting Partner is at the sole discretion of the ownership and management of Empire State Realty OP, L.P.
- Selection as a Lighting Partner is a privilege, not an entitlement.
- Applying to become an Empire State Building Lighting Partner does not guarantee approval.
- Moreover, past Lighting Partners must apply each year to be considered and are not automatically guaranteed to be selected again.
- Only the official applicant/contact on the original submitted application will receive written notification, stating application approval or denial, on official Empire State Building Lighting Partner letterhead sent via e-mail.
- Written notification is the final response from the Empire State Building.
- Empire State Building OP, L.P. is under no obligation to provide specific feedback to any individual or organization regarding the status, merit and/or denial of its application.
The Empire State Building celebrates many cultures and causes in the world community with iconic lightings. Outside of its tradition of lightings for the religious holidays of Easter, Eid al Fitr, Hanukah and Christmas, the Empire State Building has a specific policy against lighting for religious figures, religious organizations, and additional religious holidays. The Empire State Building also does not light for political figures and campaigns, for personal events such as birthdays, anniversaries or weddings, or for commercial events such as product launches.