Committed to a Better Experience
An Accessible Icon
The Empire State Building is fully and proudly ADA-compliant.
- Our main entrance, located at 20 West 34th Street, is handicap-accessible.
- Motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted.
- Ramps are implemented throughout the building to make wheelchair use easier.
- We have handicap-accessible restrooms on the 86th Floor Observatory and also have lowered viewing walls and binoculars to make experiencing the view easy for all.
- Service dogs are allowed throughout the building.
An Effortless Visit
It’s important to us that your visit to the Empire State Building is a positive one. Keep these details in mind:
- Visitors with strollers are welcome to visit the Empire State Building. However, they must be able to fold up the strollers in our observatory areas.
- We recommend you leave your car at home. If you can’t, the nearest garage is located on 33rd Street between Fifth Avenue and Broadway, across the street from the building.
ESB Audio Tour
Our interactive app, Empire State Building Guide, is available on both iOS and Android devices. Download it at home or connect to our free on-site Wi-Fi to download it during your visit.
We’ve designed our app to be easy to use for visitors:
- The app can be used with any headset compatible with your device
- Narration can be paused, rewound or fast forwarded at the user’s control
- Multi-language support offers a multimedia experience to most visitors. Languages supported include English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese, Japanese and Korean.
We believe everyone should be able to enjoy this incredible building. If you have more questions or require additional accommodation, please reach out to our team.
Have another question?
Our team is ready to help. Get in touch and get the answers you need.