The Worlds Most Famous Building
"The Empire State Building Observatory is a beloved icon of popular culture, and a must-see destination for travelers from all over the world" - Anthony E. Malkin, Chairman and CEO, ESRT
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Green Power Leadership Award
- U.S. Green Building Council: Individual Leadership in the Private Sector: Tony Malkin, Malkin Holdings
- LEED® Gold for Existing Buildings certification by the U.S. Green Building Council
- BOMA International, Middle Atlantic Region, The Outstanding Building of the Year Award, Historical Building Category
- MASterworks "Best Historical Restoration Award"
- National Trust for Historic Preservation "National Preservation Honor Award"
- Preservation League of New York State Excellence in Historic Preservation Award
- New York Landmarks Conservancy Lucy G. Moses Preservation Award
- 2009-10 Building Owners' and Managers' Association (BOMA) of Greater NY, Inc., "Historical Building of the Year" Pinnacle Award"
- SBIC (Sustainable Buildings Industry Council) Beyond Green Award. High Performance Buildings. Renovation, retrofit, and historic reuse and preservation projects
- ESB was dedicated as one of the Civil Engineering Monuments of the Millennium by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- Building Owners' and Managers' Association (BOMA) Operating Office Building of the Year Pinnacle Award for New York and Middle Atlantic Region.
- Operating Office Building of the Year Award (BOMA/New York), 500,000 sq. ft.+ category, Nominee.
- Civil Engineering Wonder of the World Award Nominee.
- Energy User News Efficient Building Award as a result of the Empire State Building's lighting retrofit project.
- Building Owners' and Managers' Association (BOMA) International Building of the Year, Historic Building Category. Award for Excellence in management, operations and design after winning separate awards in competition on the local level (BOMA/New York) and the regional level (BOMA/Middle Atlantic Region).
- "Best in Shed" award from The New York Landmark Conservancy
- One of the Top Ten Construction Achievements of the 20th Century
A plaque that lists the workers who received the Empire State Craftsmanship Awards, can be found in the main lobby. This honors outstanding workers in each trade involved in the construction of the Empire State Building.